Welcome to MFL Express
We have resumed offering in-person services in addition to our enhanced virtual and curbside offerings.
Limited In-Library Hours
(Limited Capacity. First come, first served.)
Computer Use Hours
One hour session per day with valid Library card, first come, first served.
Don't forget- Wifi is available from your car on Library grounds!
Curbside Pick-Up Hours
Curbside continues (and is encouraged)! Call ahead only.
Please Limit Your Time!
Browse/copy/check-out items, but please limit your time to 15 minutes.
24 hours at the book drop located near the front doors or at the curbside pickup location during curbside hours.
As we have limited capacity, it is strongly encouraged that an appointment be made with Ms. Taylor to ensure entry into the Library at a specific time. Contact Ms. Taylor at Taylor@marlborolibrary.org or 236-7272 ext. 217.
In-Person Services Available
*Call ahead curbside pick-up and sending print jobs from home strongly encouraged.*
- Borrowing of books, audiobooks, movies, and magazines.
- Visits to the Children's Library to borrow materials.
- Access to public computers and wifi for one 60-minute session per day, first come, first served for cardholders. Visitors will be granted one 30-minute session per day.
- Scanning, printing, copying, and faxing.
- Notaries by appointment.
- Assistance by phone or email is strongly encouraged.
Services Requiring an Appointment
- The Children's Library is open for 30-minute appointments with limited walk-ins allowed. If you arrive early, please wait outside the building until time for your appointment. Book an appointment by contacting Ms. Taylor at 236-7272 ext. 217 or Taylor@marlborolibrary.org.
- Notarizations: Please call for an appointment. 236-7272 ext. 220.
- Call-ahead curbside pick-up. Call when you are on your way to pick-up your items. 236-7272 ext. 214.
- Vulnerable Population: Please make an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 236-7272 ext. 214.
- Local History: Please make an appointment by emailing email@example.com.
- Item lending will be made through prior arrangement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Library is operating under limited capacity. You must have a pass in order to enter the building. Passes are available at front doors, first come, first served. One pass allows entry for two adults in the same party OR one adult and one child.
There are two types of passes:
Checkout Items Pass
This pass has a 15 minute limit, and will allow patrons to checkout items, make copies or send a fax.
Computer User Pass
This pass has a 60 minute limit with a valid Library card, and will allow patrons to use a Library computer or wifi. Visitors without a Library card are allowed a 30 minute session.
If there are no passes left, please wait outside until a pass becomes available.
*Families may make an appointment with Ms. Taylor for easier entry.*
PLEASE NOTE THE FINE PRINT:
- Staff will be limiting all face-to-face assistance beyond the safety barriers.
- We are allowing a limited number of people in the building. Please be courteous with your time.
- Masks must be worn at all times on Library property and fully cover the nose and mouth for all patrons 2 years old and up.
- Furniture and computers have been removed to facilitate the reduced building capacity and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Children under age 12 must remain with a caregiver at all times.
- The Children's Library is open for 30-minute appointments with limited walk-ins allowed. Contact Ms. Taylor to book an appointment.
- The Community Room is closed until further notice. Room reservation requests will not be accepted until further notice.
- Computer usage is limited to one 60-minute session per day for cardholders. Non cardholders will be granted one 30-minute session.
- Contactless self-checkout is available and encouraged.
- Limited staff assistance with the public computers, copying & printing.
- Remote printing from home, from a smart device, or from a laptop to be picked up curbside is available through Princh (COMING SOON!). Click here for more information.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is in effect.
- Passport services and one-on-one help are all unavailable until further notice.
- Directional signage to be followed.
- Absolutely no food or drink allowed.
- Temporary hours are subject to change.
Placing Holds/Curbside Pick-Up
Due to the popular demand, holds will be limited to 10 per person for the time being. See below for information on how to place holds & pick up curbside.
We appreciate your patience while you wait for your expected holds!
Call Ahead Curbside Pick-up
How to get books! (And other items)
Once you receive notification that your item is ready, call the day you'd like to come to arrange a pick up time.
Near the side entrance, look for a bag with your name printed on it to retrieve your hold. Be advised: Face coverings must be worn while on Library property, including when picking up items from the curbside location.
When you are finished with any items, please return them in our book drop. To ensure both our staff and community’s safety, and based on recommendations from the Mid-Hudson Library System, we will be quarantining all returns for 72 hours. You may notice a delay between the time you drop off an item and the time it comes off your account. No late fines will incur.