Chromebook and Hotspot Bundles now available at the Marlboro Free Library
The Marlboro Free Library is excited to announce that they have added four Chromebooks and hotspot bundles to their circulating collection. Marlboro Central School District residents, who are over the age of 18, and who have an active Marlboro Free Library card or Sarah Hull Hallock Library card that is in good standing (no outstanding overdue materials or fines on their account) may check out a Chromebook and hotspot bundle for 7 days.
Please note: to be eligible to check out a Chromebook bundle, a patron must be a cardholder for 6 months or longer.
Please be sure to read over our Chromebook borrowing rules below prior to check out.
What you need to know to borrow:
- Borrower must be an adult and a cardholder of the Marlboro Free Library or Sarah Hull Hallock Library. Cards must be active for at least 6 months prior to check out and be in good standing, with no outstanding overdue materials or fines on their account. A Marlboro Free Library card or Sarah Hull Hallock Library card and a photo ID must be presented at the time of check out.
- The replacement cost of a Chromebook is $250 and a hotspot is $125. If both items are lost, the replacement cost is $375.
- The loan period is for 7 days. Non-renewable.
- One Chromebook can be checked out per household.
- No holds. Check out is on a first come, first served basis.
- A Chromebook must be checked out in-person, during in-library hours. A Chromebook may not be checked out using the Library’s curbside service.
- Late fees will be assessed at $10 per day. The Chromebook will be considered lost if not returned in 7 days.
- Each Chromebook will undergo a factory reset to ensure all data is cleared upon return.
- Each Chromebook comes equipped with Google Docs. No other software may be downloaded onto the computer.
- A Chromebook Loan Agreement must be signed prior to checkout at the circulation desk.
- Once checked in, a patron may not check out another Chromebook in the same day to ensure all patrons have equal access to this service.
The Marlboro Free Library takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to patrons’ data or media due to hardware, software, electrical surge or failure, or any other cause while the patron is using library computer equipment. Patrons must save all data to an external drive. The Library does not assume responsibility for lost or corrupted files for any reason. Upon return, all cookies, data, and files will be wiped from the computer using a factory reset. It is the patron’s responsibility to ensure they have all the information, files, and data they need prior to returning the Chromebook.